Sports Fanatics United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Chicago Bulls

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Offseason

Mr. Offseason

My Chicago Bulls Empty
PostSubject: My Chicago Bulls   My Chicago Bulls Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:34 pm

They don't seem to be inclined to make a deal again this year. I am really getting tired of Tyrus Thomas. Sure he brings great athleticism and some fun dunks, but he can't play man defense, he only supplies decent help defense and often leaves his man to try to block a shot only to see his man get an offensive rebound for an easy layup (see Boston-Bulls 7 game series). He is only a decent rebounder despite his height and ridiculous athletic ability, he shoots far too many jumpers even though he has dramatically improved that part of his game. However if that is all he does he is no better than Malik Allen. His jumper should be a complement to the main entre, his post game, not the main entre.

I really hope we find a way to trade him to the Raptors in a deal for Chris Bosh, but I doubt that will happen. Boozer or Bosh, either would be fine with me. Neither player is perfect, but they are both dramatic upgrades over what we have now. And each player would benefit from playing with Derrick Rose (not that Boozer isn't benefiting from playing with Deron Williams).

And at this point I wouldn't mind involving Luol Deng in a deal either. I think he is greatly overrated by Bulls fans and apparently by Bulls management. I couldn't believe we wouldn't deal him for Kobe Bryant as if he was going to develop into a studly "Bryant-like" player, and now he has become a long, injury riddled slasher with good jump shot as long as it is within the 3-point arc. Dealing him would open the door more for Johnson, not to mention it might open the door for a big trade to be completed if we gave up 2 aspiring young talents.

I just love the idea of a lineup with Noah, Boozer/Bosh, Johnson, Salmons and Rose. It would be nice if we had a better scorer at the 2, but those are easier to find than effective post players.

Anyways that is my rant on the Bulls. Feel free to discuss the Bulls or the state of your basketball team here. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sportsfanaticsunited.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Stealth Falcon

My Chicago Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chicago Bulls   My Chicago Bulls Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:31 pm

lol y'all won't get Bosh. With the offseason moves we made, Bosh for sure won't be traded. Though it will still be up to him in 2010 whether or not he wants to return or not.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Offseason

Mr. Offseason

My Chicago Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chicago Bulls   My Chicago Bulls Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:33 am

I'm on the edge of tears dude. But yeah I figured ya'll wouldn't move Bosh now that you signed Hedo among other things. Friggin Raptors...

You sure you don't want Tyrus Thomas? He's got a jump shot! Lol.

I'm interested to see what globalcowboy has to say about the Timberwolves. They just traded for 2 more guards I heard so they should be ready to challenge for a top 12 spot in the West. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Stealth Falcon

My Chicago Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chicago Bulls   My Chicago Bulls Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:55 am

Mr. Offseason wrote:
You sure you don't want Tyrus Thomas? He's got a jump shot! Lol.
lmfaooooo made me laugh
Back to top Go down
Mr. Offseason

Mr. Offseason

My Chicago Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chicago Bulls   My Chicago Bulls Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:00 am

Apparently Deng is close to 100% and isn't going to play for Britain, that is good news. That way he won't mess anything up before the season starts hopefully. Smile
Back to top Go down
demetrius_dew

demetrius_dew

My Chicago Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chicago Bulls   My Chicago Bulls Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:13 am

Nah, Deng is good Mr. O as long as he is playing his natural 3 position and not the 4 which is why he was hurt before trying to play the 4.

That Kobe trade I don't think that ever really had legs as many speculated.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Offseason

Mr. Offseason

My Chicago Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chicago Bulls   My Chicago Bulls Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:28 am

demetrius_dew wrote:
Nah, Deng is good Mr. O as long as he is playing his natural 3 position and not the 4 which is why he was hurt before trying to play the 4.

That Kobe trade I don't think that ever really had legs as many speculated.

You're probably right, but it's frustrating that the only deals we have made have been for guys like Drew Gooden or Brad Miller and John Salmons, who was averaging 9.7 a game before he came to us last year i believe. something like that.

I am just tired of being a jump shooting team my man. Jump shooting teams always lose eventually because you can't be hot every game. And when we aren't knocking down jumpers it is as ugly a game as I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Shaud

My Chicago Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chicago Bulls   My Chicago Bulls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:03 am

I was doing my NBA predictions and I had the Bulls not making the playoffs which is something I didn't think would happen after the way they played in the playoffs, but I think losing Ben Gordon will hurt them more than people think.

But really a lot of teams from the East improved by making changes to their rosters. The Bulls are basically hoping the development of Rose will keep them in the playoffs and I think he will develop but not enough to put them in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
demetrius_dew

demetrius_dew

My Chicago Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chicago Bulls   My Chicago Bulls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:31 am

Yeah I don't like relying on the Jump Shot either which is why I thought we got rid of Scott Skiles but to Shaud I don't thinl that many teams got better in the East, just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Offseason

Mr. Offseason

My Chicago Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chicago Bulls   My Chicago Bulls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:59 am

I'm so tired of this. It's the same sh*t every year. We just now have a budding superstar on the team. We really, really need to get a post presence and soon. I am so frustrated that we continue to lose the exact same way again and again and again and we never do anything about it. It drives me up the wall.

I still watch the games though, I can't go without my Bulls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Chicago Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chicago Bulls   My Chicago Bulls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Chicago Bulls
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Fanatics United :: NBA :: NBA General-
Jump to: